CWFS STANDARDS AND GUIDELINES FOR CFWS SPONSORED EXHIBITIONS
The CFWS hosts exhibitions throughout the season. To insure a professional level of quality, the board of directors has published a set of Show Standards that must be followed by all artists submitting work for exhibition consideration:
CFWS SHOW STANDARDS
Standards and guidelines for artwork displayed in CFWS sponsored exhibits:
Art and artist standards:
• All work must be original from the artist’s own photos, plein air or still life;
• No images copied from magazines, seed or floral catalogues are permitted;
• No paintings done in workshops are permitted;
• Each artist is responsible for the delivery of their own paintings to the exhibit;
• Artists must be current members of the CFWS.
Paintings should be framed as follows:
• Simple frames – metal or wood;
• All mats should be neat, clean and white or off-white;
• Frame must have wire on the back to hang – no sawtooth hangers;
• Plexiglass is strongly recommended for safety reasons;
• Artist name, work name, size and price should be affixed to back of painting;
• Identification cards for the paintings will be provided.
Policies concerning exhibitions:
• Paintings not framed properly will not be hung,
• There will be a “hanging” committee to hang the paintings,
• There will be a list of paintings submitted,
• Not all paintings submitted are guaranteed to be displayed. Final approval will be made by a selection committee,
• For juried shows, paintings will be judged.
• Specific additional guidelines, when stated, must be followed in order to have work included.