Prospectus – Standards and Guidelines for
Central Florida Watercolor Society ANNUAL JURIED SHOWS
Entrant must be a current member of CFWS:
- All dues must be paid;
- Entry fees must be paid.
Entry must be:
- An original work of the submitting artist;
- Completed within the previous three (3) years;
- Framed and matted in accordance with CFWS Show Standards.
Entry may NOT in any way:
a. be part of a formal workshop or classroom project;
b. be a copy of any other artists’ work;
c. be based upon photographs, other than those that are the
legal property of the entrant;
d. have been accepted in a prior CFWS juried show;
e. be a print nor a Giclee.
WATERCOLOR PAINTINGS SHALL BE EXECUTED ON PAPER, YUPO OR WATERCOLOR CANVAS BOARDS.
WATER SOLUBLE MEDIA: watercolor, acrylic in an aqueous manner, gouache, egg tempura, and casein are permitted. Oils of any kind, use of newsprint, magazine material or computer-generated material are not acceptable.
Watercolors not framed, matted or acrylics may be varnished. Any diptych, triptych or other multiple works shall be mounted in a single frame.
FRAMING & MATS –
- Wire hanging-no saw tooth hangers;
- Plexiglass in lieu of glass;
- White, light cream, or off white mat;
- Proper backing-no cardboard / acid free foam board or similar;
- No changing prices once you’ve sent in your submission;
- Information tags (sent to you with your acceptance letter) applied to the back and front of painting;
- Signed drop-off form (sent to you with your acceptance letter.)
REMOVAL OF PAINTINGS – Accepted paintings cannot be removed under any circumstances until the end of the show.
ALLEGATIONS – When an allegation is made that a submitted artwork does not meet the CFWS standards and guidelines for entering a juried show, the artist of the work in question will be notified by the Show’s Chair of the allegation and given the opportunity to respond.
DECISION – After reviewing the allegation and the response of the artist, the Board will make the final decision to include or not include the submission in the show.
CONSEQUENCES – If artwork is accepted into a show and subsequently found to have clearly violated the Bylaws and entry requirements, the consequences are as follows:
- The artwork in question will be removed from the show;
- Entry fee(s) into the show will not be refunded;
- The artist will forfeit any award and/certificate;
- The artist will forfeit all monies/gifts received for the artwork in question;
- The artist will not be allowed to enter another CFWS juried show with the length of suspension to be determined by the Board.
Works not conforming to the above standards and guidelines will not be hung.
Revised and posted October 2017 by CFWS Board of Directors