This is a call out to the members of CFWS who teach, from Dana Acevedo/Gallery Manager at SOBO.
We are starting a community outreach program that will focus on beginner style classes conducted off-site at partner locations within Downtown Winter Garden to start (restaurants/cafes, etc). We want to show unity within the community and provide more exposure to the Art Association. We are looking for entry – intermediate style class proposals that will be organized offsite to bring exposure and interest for the next level of classes which we will have onsite at the gallery as normal (or on the patio as needed). In the end we want to bring art to life within the community with a goal of increasing exposure for you as Artists, the partner locations and redirect them to the gallery to be members, patrons and students.
We are looking for an alternative variation of your best classes, almost like an “express” version with some of the following criteria:
- One – two hours in length at max
- One to three times per month
- Approachable content/basics/intro style that will grab new attendees attention (open to all – photography, jewelry, painting, drawing, crafts, sculpting, etc)
- Pricing within reason for classes that would be held at a partner’s location (restaurant/café/outdoors)
- Offer a follow up class/series at the gallery to continue the patrons interest/attendance
- Once again this request is specific for offsite classes/workshops.
- Please submit your ENTRY Level Class Proposals specifically for the off-site locations here: https://wgart.org/artists/workshop-proposal/
We understand some participating locations may not be able to accommodate classes depending on volume levels. Please note we are planning the following type of events, so more to come!
- Artist Meet & Greet – bring select pieces for sale and have an opportunity to meet new patrons
- Live Art Showcase – Artist to paint/draw/sculpt/create jewelry, etc. on premise for demonstration purposes, no class
- Art Influenced style trips to other downtown locations
We still want your traditional style classes/workshop proposals for series and more advanced audiences. However, since the community outreach is a new initiative we are prioritizing getting entry level classes on the calendar first (ideally before the end of the year : ).
If you have any ideas to make this even better, we want to hear them! If you know someone that might be interested please spread the word! Email us at email@example.com
We are looking forward to collaborating with you and the start of hopefully an even better New Year!
Dana Acevedo / Gallery Manager
SOBO Gallery & Art Center
127 South Boyd Street // Winter Garden, FL 34787
www.wgart.org // 407-347-7996